Thursday, December 19, 2013
Our Christmas Home
Christmas is in full swing in my little corner of the world. Kids are home from school and I've been enjoying family time with them. Almost all of the shopping is done. I thought you might want to see the decorating that has been going on here. I still have lots I haven't put up. This house is smaller than the one we were in last Christmas so I didn't put up all the trees I normally do. It has been fun shuffling the decorations around, seeing where they look "just right". Some points of interest ~
* The dancing ladies and gentlemen garland was made by my Mom several years ago from a Martha Stewart pattern.
* Details on the "Fresh Forest" quilt can be viewed here.
* My Mom crosstitched the sweet stocking for me as well as the nativity set.
* Details on the "Stockings Were Hung" pillow can be viewed here.
* I wish I could remember the pattern I used for the Log Cabin Christmas quilt, as I have been asked many times, but alas it is gone from my memory. There are many log cabin patterns out there that would produce the same effect. What makes this one so pretty is the use of thin strips and plenty of scrappy fabric.
I hope this answers some of your questions. In all the craziness, take time to sit still, drink something warm and yummy and ponder the birth of Jesus. He is the reason for this blessed Christmas season.