I went out to get the mail and was greeted with a fun surprise package. I wish every outing to the mailbox resulted in beautiful packages like this one.
Inside was the gardening apron that Joyce (Iloveprettylittlethings) made for me as part of her giveaway. You can read that story here. I just love it! It has lots of pockets for my gardening tools and my kleenex (my allergies always kick in when gardening). Joyce did such a wonderful job sewing and I love the print she chose. She knows deep down that I want to be a farm girl so the chickens are quite appropriate.
On my way back to the house I glanced over and saw these intruders grinning at me. Time to tie on that apron and get to work!
My second surprise came in the form of an award from Cynthia at Precious Cupcakes. Cynthia has a fun blog and etsy shop. She is also the brains behind "Operation Sweet Dreams" which provides new pajamas to needy children. Check out her blog for ways to support this cause.
I've been asked as a recipient of the Honest Scrap award to tell you ten things about myself and pass this on. I've decided that anyone who visits me and wants to participate in the Honest Scrap award is a recipient today. We'll use this as a fun way to learn more things about each other. Here goes:
1. I was born and raised in St. Joseph, Michigan. My parents still live in the house that they built when I was 6 months old.
2. Okay, now I have to tell you that I'm 48 years old so you'll know how long my parents have lived in their house.
3. I met my husband in the 7th grade. We didn't start dating until after graduation from high school. He was way too smart for me (or so I thought).
4. I have always enjoyed creating things. I spent most of my time drawing until I caught the knitting/quilting/sewing bug when my son was 2.
5. I have one son who is a freshmen in college and a daughter who is a freshmen in high school. I'm not quite sure how this happened, I feel like I walked through the front door of the elementary school this morning and exited out the front door of the high school this afternoon. It has all gone by that quickly.
6. I became a Christian when I was 30 years old after a traumatic life experience in which I learned that I am not in control of my life, but the one who made me, loves me and saves me, is.
7. I live in a subdivision but secretly live the life of a farm girl every second I can.
8. I cannot imagine life without girlfriends, especially the ones who aren't afraid to tell you the truth.
9. Though I try to fight it, deep down I'm a hopeless romantic.
10. Everyday I am inspired by all the beauty around me and I have the need to create, everyday.
Let me know if you accept the award so that I can visit your blog and learn more about you. Be blessed today!